Follow Me on Pinterest

The Official Portrait of "Justice-Elect" JoAnne Kloppenburg

I'm not going to lie...this story totally snuck up on me....

Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser took a significant lead in his re-election bid Thursday when the clerk of a conservative-leaning county reported she failed to count the ballots from a wealthy suburb west of Milwaukee.

The 7,500 vote swing immediately generated charges of fraud and partisanship in a high-profile race that has become a referendum on Republican Gov. Scott Walker after he championed a law curtailing the organizing rights of public employee unions. Wisconsin has since become the focal point of a national battle between Republican governors and labor groups.

The developments Thursday dealt a blow to the hopes of the Democrat-backed challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg, who was leading Mr. Prosser by 200 votes before the discrepancy Waukesha County was detected. Nearly 1.5 million ballots were cast in an election that set records for spending and nearly doubled expected turnout.

From the Wall Street Journal

Before this discrepancy was found Kloppenberg, who should know better, gave herself a victory lap...

“We owe Justice Prosser our gratitude for his more than 30 years of public service. Wisconsin voters have spoken and I am grateful for, and humbled by, their confidence and trust. I will be independent and impartial and I will decide cases based on the facts and the law. As I have traveled the State, people tell me they believe partisan politics do not belong in our Courts. I look forward to bringing new blood to the Supreme Court and focusing my energy on the important work Wisconsin residents elect Supreme Court justices to do.”

From MoveOn

If the link suddenly...dies...you can catch a screenshot of their gloating at The Blaze

In light of these developments and my tardiness to them, let me be the last to say...