Follow Me on Pinterest

FairObama, Let His People Go...to the polls

A few days ago Obama issued a message tomobilize the troops for 2010.

You can seethe video in its entirety here if you're an insomniac...or you can save yourself the trouble since I cut to the chase below:

"It will be up to each of you to make sure that the young people, African Americans, Latinos and women, who powered our victory in 2008 stand together once again." "If you help us do that -- if you help us make sure that first-time voters in 2008 make their voices heard again in November -- then together we will deliver on the promise of change and hope and prosperity for generations to come."

Its an electoral BOOTY CALL

You see, Obama had a one-night stand with certain voters back in '08, and at the end of it he said "I'll call you." He kept his promise...its a call to action.

Man oh man, I can see the campaign pamphlets now...

race cards

Sure, this response is a bit hyperbolic, but the brazen nature of such hyperbole pales in comparison to a sitting president's appeal to minorities to flip on their Obamaton switch in what is supposed to be some sort of "post-racial presidency."

To be sure, the demographics he mentions did indeed "power" his victory, but the teleprompter forgot to let him know that such a strategy for a Democratic victory is a glass that is half empty.

Wouldn't Dean taking crazy pills be like stealing thunder from armageddon?

The other half, being all the independents and Republicans that chose to give him a shot (and those who sat on their hands and refused to be a de facto vote for McCain) and are now suffering buyers remorse, is the half of the equation he poured out into the gutter the moment he decided to govern less like the center-left guy he painted himself to be and more like Howard Dean on crazy pills.

I will say this, at least the Democrats don't dance around the fact that they hold the minority vote with an iron fist.

I would love see what might happen if a Republican would say anything remotely close to what Obama said, but for "their people"....Whoever the hell that is supposed to be.

They wouldn't do it, because racists concern and obsess themselves with race.

Besides, if they did the liberals and the media would have to invent new bigot-tarring "ism's" to satiate the need to devour their "racist" right-wing carcass in the court of public opinion.