Follow Me on Pinterest

Faith in Global Warming

**** AUTHORS NOTE: Trying again with the "Easter Eggs"...lot of special coding to make this post happen so if it looks screwy its because your browser doesn't like it...if thats the case let me know so I know in the future there is a limit to my unorthodox blogging ambition :-D Heres a couple of hints if you don't know what to look for......"British Law" and "if genuinely held" So click read more and check out the latest blog post ****

Well it finally happened...and I can't believe this didn't come sooner.....

An executive has won the right to sue his employer on the basis that he was unfairly dismissed for his green views after a judge ruled that environmentalism had the same weight in law as religious and philosophical beliefs.

Its bad enough that the Brits gave us Absolutely Fabulous and Eddie Izzard. Now a judge over there is foisting this latest attempt at funny on the world...

(Justice Michael Burton) "a belief in man-made climate change ... is capable, if genuinely held, of being a philosophical belief for the purpose of the 2003 Religion and Belief Regulations"

Like my belief that Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie are my rightful wives and need to return to my harem RIGHT NOW!....or I'll sue...I already asked the queen and she is totally cool with that.

Unfortunately I'm no expert on British Law so I'm not going to worry about that so much as this finally puts truth to the lie that conservatives wage war on science, particularly using their faith as a vessel for attack.

I'm not talking about scientology when I say "vessel" by the way, because like the Clinton's don't have a real marriage...thats not a real faith...

Chiristians have had to endure growing persecution in pop culture, the class room, and politics because their faith forces them to question the validity of evolution as if they needed a reason to doubt it. Now this Tim Nicholson is putting on paper what conservatives have seen for a long time now...that God isn't excused from this life in a vacuum, He will be replaced with something and no amount of "reason" and "intellectualism" will ever justify the departure from His reservation He makes in our own minds.

Says Nicholson:

Oh good, for a second there I thought there was a reason it was getting RELIGIOUS protection

"This philosophical belief that is based on scientific evidence has now been given the same protection in law as faith-based religious belief. "Belief in man-made climate change is NOT a new religion, it is a philosophical belief that reflects my moral and ethical values and is underlined by the overwhelming scientific evidence."

Apparently, the one thing that excuses his faith as more valid than whether or not Noah's Ark existed is use of the word "science."

on that note, I'd like to give an Obama shout out to science even though there is no national tragedy for said shout out to overshadow...you're awesome science...I love you because you can be manipulated to prove anything...

Yes you can.

Obviously science has brought us a lot since the time of Noah...but conclusions are being drawn about the direction of the earth's climate and its based on roughly and ONLY 100 years of data. Through this prism you have to remember that modern scientists are measuring our temperatures using satellite that download data to computers that make the shuttle that sent Niel Armstrong to the moon look like a paperweight, then the data is crunched and processed and analyzed and blogged about before their coffee is done brewing

After all this happens they take this data (I'm sorry, the gospel of Lord Gore) and check it against information recorded by people who got their news hours after it happened, ON PAPER, they gassed up their major mode of transporation using state of the art fuel like carrots and hay, and they pooped without indoor plumbing. (or as Sheryl Crow would put it, "livin' the dream")

Did you tell them about Global Cooling?

After doing all that they found the time to provide reliably accurate global climate data that will remain unimpeachable in the 21st century. Scientists change their mind about the effects of what we eat on a daily basis, but our knowledge of the weather is rock solid.

"The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it."

This was the quote from a Newsweek article from April 28, 1975. About what you ask? How we are frogs in a slowly boiling pot called Earth? Yes! If by boiling pot you mean the earth is going to freeze over and we should MELT THE ICE CAPS to stop it.

Really, even if we were in fact incontrovertably right about global warming it is cute that Tiny Tim "sincerely believes" that he can control it.

The history of man has been one big cluster f**k from the word go, and in 2009 we can't even do simple things like spend money we don't have or find Osama bin Laden or... but lets control the weather.

I wish Tiny Tim lots of luck on that...hope he does a lot of hopin'.