Follow Me on Pinterest

Farewell For Now Sarah P...

If the Obama administration wasn't shedding so many tears from its now drought stricken eyes over President Manuel Zelaya, Honduran Idol reject and future potential architect of the Democratic Party strategy for "transfer of power" should they lose future elections now that there is no frame of reference to check against their failure of a philosophy <deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath>, he perhaps would've taken note of a real and unfair political exile going on in his own country now...

Sarah Palin has never struck me as the sharpest tool in the shed, but she is far from dumb and she has a core in which the key ingredients are all the ones that make this country as great and important as it is, and she doesn't hide any of it (incidentally "hope" and "change" aren't on that list of ingredients because when you have God you don't need hope from any man much less one that sounds like his record needle is jumping). 

Her farewell speech was remarkable for being very unpolitician-esque one one hand while at the same time  issuing the strongest, clearest, most succinct, and powerful rebuke of Barack Obama specifically, and the Democratic Party agenda in general that hasn't been seen since the likes of Ronald Reagan.

If her remarks don't signal an eventual run for president then I've got a health care REFORM bill to sell you...

Do not get me wrong....the days of Reagan are over, and if Republicans continue to try to fill his void they will be doing little more than what liberals are doing with their current deity-in-chief. Sarah Palin nor any other Republican CANNOT be the next Ronald Reagan. I say she sounds like Reagan because its a message that the Conservative Sincerity Police have been looking the other way on for more than 20 years now, and it appears that she gets it. Finally, someone gets it.

She was not afraid to put it all out there. She answered her critics directly, in no uncertain terms, and she forgot to bring George W. Bush's stutterbox to the podium beforehand so people actually understood her. Which is another thing we can HOPE to celebrate returning to conservatism, clarity.

Since she has been strapped with so much legal debt one gift I would like to buy for Palin is a jock strap, because she has definitely got a pair.

If only I could advise her to ask where Bush and John McCain got theirs....That would be like asking Bill Clinton if being faithful was a key ingredient to a lasting marriage, or if Vice President Biden's age is higher than his brain cell count yet.

Without further adieu, below is part 1 of the speech for those who haven't seen it yet:

{source}
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0u5mOXzCKA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0u5mOXzCKA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
{/source}

<br><br>

Here is part 2 of the speech.

{source}
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3h-jgDRWbh8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3h-jgDRWbh8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
{/source}

I don't mean to go 3 for 3 on lazily posting video as the meat of the substance of my existence, as if I'm some kind of attention starved Paris Hilton with a new boyfriend and web-cam. Normally I don't include source material because I assume you're already informed enough if you've found this little (but growing) outpost in the conservative blogosphere...but this speech is quite a bit different and therefore worthy of posting.