Follow Me on Pinterest

All Assemblies Are Equal...But Some Are More Equal Than Others

If there is any doubt that the left's rise in power in the last few months has inspired activity that is more Un-American than Kim Jong Il playing the April Fool's Nazi edition of Call of Duty (if you're a liberal reading this...its the one where they win the war) this news story should put that all to rest.

Pastor David Jones and his wife Mary have been told that they cannot invite friends to their San Diego, Calif. home for a Bible study — unless they are willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to San Diego County.

On Good Friday we had an employee from San Diego County come to our house, and inform us that the Bible study that we were having was a religious assembly, and in violation of the code in the county." David Jones told FOX News.

I'm not going to bore anyone with the obvious fact that this is an across-the-board violation of the 1st Amendment that is so clear it makes fresh mountain air as thick and dirty as President Obama's tobacco tarred lungs. Just know that it is.

Apparently the county code enforcement (what kind of code, I don't know.....the Da Vinci Code?) wants pastor Jones to have the same permit for his home that he has for his church and that this whole issue started over neighbors complaints over parking in the neighborhood when the guests were around.

Until now the fight was over public displays of religion via Nativity Scenes and the 10 Commandments in public places....so as small and localized as this story seems this could actually be a benchmark moment in the fight for our culture.

If just parking is the issue I'm dying to know what kind of permit would be required for Bible study with friends thats not necessary for a regular party...furthermore if all religious "assemblies" require thousands of dollars in permits what does this mean for...

Why does the county need to know what is going on at the gatherings anyway? So long as they're being lawful it should be none of their business. Basically, we are at a place right now where the right to privacy afforded a woman in Planned Parenthood isn't applicable to someone who wants to read or pray with friends in their home.

************UPDATE****************

So this story became an international sensation (thanks to the internet...pre-Obama's internet "czar") and San Diego County has backed down after being barraged by complaints and outrage. Its good to know in these times the bad guys don't win everything.