Follow Me on Pinterest

Does Lindsey Graham Want The Tea Party To Die?

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has come to find himself in hot water with conservatives over the years for acting like a RINO. I'm willing to cut him some slack, can you blame a dude named Lindsey for being confused on what to think about anything?

Now, according to Politico, she he sHe thinks the Tea Party will die out because it lacks vision.

Dems drink the Brisk

The last time I checked the Tea Party stood for lower taxation, a modicum of sanity brought to fiscal policy, and Snapple over Lipton's Brisk.

All of that was off the top of my head, BEFORE reading their Contract From America.

If you read the contract you'd be left wondering if Graham says it is "lacking vision" because he thinks the Tea Party is a club for blind Republicans.

If it helps Lindsey, they could change their name to the Eyeball Party

The contract has tons of vision!

I don't begrudge his desire to be a voice of moderation in the GOP, and neither apparently does South Carolina, because every band of merry men needs at least one wiener that always wimps out when mischief is afoot, and its just better for all to let them be the lookout. However, he should at least TRY to heed the words of his base of support.

Of course, THAT wasn't even the worst part, here's where the doozy of the entire article come in:

“We don’t have a lot of Reagan-type leaders in our party. Remember Ronald Reagan Democrats? I want a Republican that can attract Democrats,” Graham told the Times. “Ronald Reagan would have a hard time getting elected as a Republican today.”

If that was true then why does Reagan continue to be the litmus test against which all other Republicans running for office are measured? And why doesn't he want to put any of the onus on the Democrats to unite on the issues?

As if Obama coming from the Senate wasn't example enough, its just like a senator such as Graham to show the country how members of Congress, for the most part, don't understand what real leadership is.

Starting from the conviction of compromise and not principle is exactly the kind of attitude that will drive the GOP to irrelevancy...there has to be a clear choice, you don't win over Democrats who aren't liberally inclined by being a "lighter" version of their crazies. You present a choice and then you make the case for your position.

Don't get me wrong, I get it with Lindsey, if my name was Nancy, or Elena, or Girl.....or Mangina, and the majority of people who vote for me want lower taxes, no amnesty, and a muzzle on global warming crazies, and I vote the opposite way of all of those things....I, frankly, would expect voters to understand too.

So the moral of the story is: Next time they vote for a man they should make sure "he" actually has a pair.