Follow Me on Pinterest

Even C.S. Lewis Can't Escape the Rot of 'Progressivism'

Political correctness has now raised its head is what one would have thought a stronghold of traditional Christianity -- the work of C.S. Lewis. To be precise, the new film of his Voyage of the Dawn Treader, one of the best-selling "Narnia" series of children's books.

The Dawn Treader is a revival of an old Irish form, the Immram, telling of a ship voyaging among islands, with the crew learning some lesson at each stopping place.

The imaginary world of Narnia is, of course, under the rule of kings who acknowledge the rule of its Creator, the good lion Aslan, an attempt by Lewis to make the idea of Christ accessible to modern children.

However, actor Liam Neeson, who provides the voice of the lion in theDawn Treader, has claimed it is also based on other religious leaders such as Mohammed and Buddha....

Neeson was quoted as saying "he [Aslan] also symbolises for me Mohammed, Buddha and all the great spiritual leaders and prophets over the centuries. That's who Aslan stands for as well as a mentor figure for kids -- that's what he means for me."

Read the rest at The American Spectator

To me Liam Neeson's mind is symbolic of a salad bar, and the absolute only ingredient available is iceberg lettuce.

However, the lettuce is also representative of all the other great ingredients that make up a salad, like tomatoes, and spinach, and sprouts, and shredded carrots, and that fake crab meat, and garbanzo beans, and ranch dressing. Yeah, it may all still taste like lettuce, but when I tell you which pieces of lettuce are supposed to be tomato, for instance, you should be able to activate your imagination (I'm not imagining it, it really is tomato, to me) and understand the rainbow of flavor presented before you.

Croutons?

For the purposes of full disclosure, I should also mention it's not entirely true that lettuce is the only thing on the salad bar. There are also A LOT of bugs, because the lettuce has been sitting out for a month, pesticide free, and is completely rotten...

It is, after all, the mind of Liam Neeson, to me.

h/t iOwnTheWorld