Follow Me on Pinterest

Uncle Sam Needs YOU To Pay For Cowboy Poetry

If there was any wonder how truly $#$%ed we are when it comes to fixing our addiction to spending money Harry Reid answers that question once and for all...

“The mean-spirited bill, H.R. 1, eliminates National Public Broadcasting," said Reid in a floor speech. "It eliminates the National Endowment of the Humanities, National Endowment of the Arts. These programs create jobs. The National Endowment of the Humanities is the reason we have in northern Nevada every January a cowboy poetry festival. Had that program not been around, the tens of thousands of people who come there every year would not exist.”

More at Townhall

Not exist? Tens of thousands of people would apparently disappear if there wasn't taxpayer funded cowboy poetry? What happens? Would they become unborn? Is the GOP trying to abort cowboy poets?

Wait a sec, tens of thousands of people show up to this thing? Are any of them actual cowboys that write poetry, or is it like the benefits of ObamaCare and its all make believe characters in one of the poems?

Trust your instincts libs, its not Bush

This is hard to believe, I mean, President Obama can't even get 100 high schools to beg him for an appearance at their graduation ceremonies. 100 times more people gather to find out what rhymes with cowboy?

Here's an idea! Its a win win, Reid can still have his festival, and Republicans don't have to be the bad guys for nailing its coffin shut. Send Obama there to read some of the poems.

Boy wouldn't that be fun? We could place bets on what he would do to embarrass the country next...here's my prediction...