Follow Me on Pinterest

Liberals Better Hope Reagan Didn't Have Alzheimer's As President

2011 is a big year for Ronald Reagan fans, being the centennial of his February 6 birth in Tampico, Ill. But youngest son Ron Reagan is spoiling the good cheer with a new book that suggests the Gipper suffered from Alzheimer's disease while in the White House, a claim dismissed by Reagan's doctors and outside experts....he saw hints of confusion and "an out-of-touch president" during the 1984 campaign and again in 1986, when his father couldn't recall the names of California canyons he was flying over.

Get the rest at U.S. News and World Report (h/t Memeorandum)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - wha!?! Oh good, it's done...

Even dead the media (and apparently his own son) can't let a good Ronald Reagan moment go untarnished. Is there a paternal term for the Oedipus complex that we can use to describe Ron trying to screw over his father?

What a snoozer of a story! What's the purpose of knowing whether Reagan had Alzheimer's while being president that doesn't make the left look less competent than a woman standing up to pee?

Basically, what Ron is telling the world is that his father beat communism with, to quote Rush Limbaugh, "half his brain tied behind his back."

Ron Reagan is telling the world that his father was brain damaged and liberals STILL couldn't beat him...not in debates...and obviously not at the ballot box. The only victory they could claim electorally was that they barely prevented the electoral college from voting unanimously for Reagan.

This has become a recurring pattern in modern history, the left also lost to George W. Bush, the dumbest president ever, twice. Not bad for the self-appointed smarted people in the room. You're just too good for America I guess.

All that's missing is a souvenir t-shirt

I don't want to question in any way his love for his father, but I can't help but continue wondering why the hell he wants to pop a squat on his memory, and especially on the eve of his 100th birthday. It's just so weird to me.

In any case, this is one of those moments where lefties of the world should unite to keep this one to themselves. Their revelatory conduct over the Tucson tragedy was bad enough, and now they want us to know that if they ever developed Alzheimer's it would be an intellectual blessing for them?