Follow Me on Pinterest

Comparing Obama's Speech to Palin's Is Like Comparing Apples to "Bloody" Hands

It's never going to end. People like Jonathan Martin at Politico will see to that...

At sunrise in the East on Wednesday, Sarah Palin demonstrated that she has little interest — or capacity — in moving beyond her brand of grievance-based politics. And at sundown in the West, Barack Obama reminded even his critics of his ability to rally disparate Americans around a message of reconciliation....

But for much of the eight-minute talk she was defensive and showed little interest in doing anything other than channeling the understandable resentment of her ideological kinsmen over the blame-casting. And that won't appeal much to a political center that — even while they may not think Palin is in any way responsible for Tucson — preferred more conciliation even before the jarring attempted assassination of a member of Congress.

Get his entire diatribe here

Sarah Palin is not the president.

Barack Obama, despite some incendiary rhetoric (by liberals standards) he has spewed over the last couple of years, has not been dragged in to any discussion about blood being on his hands, he hasn't had to endure even a hint of hypothesizing his culpability in the Tucson shooting.

It should be needless to say that their roles in politics and the circumstances surrounding them are worlds apart. Their speeches served different functions and for obvious reasons.

It should be needless to say...but it isn't for some people, maybe Politico should start instituting intelligence tests as a condition of employment.

Sorry if this harsh language causes a run on glocks and a spike in interest over where MENSA meetings are held, but left has spent the last 5 days making complete fools and hypocrites of themselves. Instead of absorbing a message to all about civility and toning down the pervasive "us versus" them attitude the nation is engulfed in, they choose to funnel it in to a message stream that is directed exclusively at conservatives.

Those willing to be intellectually honest realize that Sarah Palin actually did many of the things Obama did, but she also worked in a defense of herself and a criticism of monkeys in the media who continued to fling their poo until Obama delivered his oratorical banana....naptime should start any minute now...

Like I said yesterday, the left's zeroing in on the use of "blood libel" and pretty much nothing else illustrates how their pronouncement that her speech was a "missed opportunity" is based entirely on their say so only.

I dare anyone reading this to find a quote from Palin's speech outside of the non-issue of her "blood libel" utterance that demonstrates the "missed opportunity" liberals have been carping about.

Place it in the comments section...and explain yourself.

Man oh man, be careful what I wish for, right? I hope I have enough bandwidth for the coming onslaught. :-/