Follow Me on Pinterest

Why The Left Can Claim Moral High Ground on the Tucson Massacre...

The media and the left have been working to tie this tragedy to conservatism. People who knew Jared Loughner knew him to be a liberal, and therefore he is extremely susceptible to the rhetoric of Sarah Palin.

The obvious implication is that the left is incapable invoking rhetoric that they think could incite violence. I think for once they might be right....

Exhibit A: The award-winning fantasy film about administering a powerful sleeping pill to George W. Bush.

MSM blame game flow chart

Exhibit B: Leftist cartoonist Ted Rall extolling the virtues of peaceful political struggle.

Christian fundamentalists, the millennial end-of-theworlders obsessed with the Left Behind series about the End Times, neo-Nazi racists, rural black-helicopter Michigan Militia types cut from the same inbred cloth as Timothy McVeigh, allied with “mainstream” gun nuts and right-wing Republicans, have been planning, preparing, and praying for the destruction of the “Godless,” “secular” United States for decades. In the past, they formed groups like the John Birch Society and the Aryan Nations. Now the hard Right has a postmodern, decentralized non-organization organization called the Tea Party.

Right-wing organizational names change, but they amount to the same thing: the reactionary sociopolitical force—the sole force—poised to fill the vacuum when collapse occurs. The scenario outlined by Margaret Atwood’s prescient novel The Handmaid’s Tale—rednecks in the trenches, hard military men running things, minorities and liberals taken away and massacred, setting the stage for an even more extreme form of laissez-faire corporate capitalism than we’re suffering under today—is a fair guess of how a post-U.S. scenario will play out unless we prepare to turn it in another direction…

A war is coming. At stake: our lives, the planet, freedom, living. The government, the corporations, and the extreme right are prepared to coalesce into an Axis of Evil. Are you going to fight back? Will you do whatever it takes, including taking up arms?…

...Part of the revolution may be fought virtually by hackers. Those individuals are every bit as valauable as people who blow things up.

Exhibit C: Barack Obama explains to voters the dangers of incorporating guns into political rhetoric..

Mobster wisdom tells us never to bring a knife to a gun fight. But what does political wisdom say about bringing a gun to a knife fight?

Sen. Barack Obama talks at a town hall meeting at Radnor Middle School in Wayne, Pa., Saturday, June 14. (AP) That’s exactly what Barack Obama said he would do to counter Republican attacks “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night.

(Thanks Wall Street Journal)

I apologize to the conservative base that reads this blog if they feel betrayed by this post...but to quote Ronald Reagan, "the facts are stupid things." Yeah he meant to say "stubborn," but now he gets to be right times two.

(I apologize even harder if they don't know sarcasm.)

For the record, I hate that I have to do posts like this. I am thoroughly disgusted that the discussion has degenerated to partisan fight, perpetrated by ignorant leftists who don't even know thing one about this lunatic but post on Twitter and in the blogosphere that either this guy was conservative, or that he was influenced by the likes of Sarah Palin. If the lies tying this to conservatism don't get push back then the scumbags telling them win.