Follow Me on Pinterest

Is the Information Coming Out of WikiLeaks Really THAT Bad?

I have to be honest. I've found most of the stories coming out of WikiLeaks to be yawners. Here's Talking Points Memo's Top 5 Most Shocking Things About The Wikileaks

Nearly every country in the Middle East wants us to attack Iran.

State Department officials ordered U.S. diplomats to spy on their foreign and UN counterparts.

North Korea supplied Iran with long-range missiles.

Iran used the auspices of the Red Crescent to smuggle spies and weapons into war zones

U.S. foreign policy relies heavily on blog-ready gossip items.

Lets be honest now, is anyone shocked by any of these items? This is really the worst of it? Didn't we pretty much know all of this stuff already?

I know the government is "embarrassed" by this, but I really think they don't care, because as a world super power wouldn't we be expected to know everything? How else are we supposed to find juicy details about these people? Wait for them to tweet about it?

I think it would be more embarrassing for the world to find out we weren't spying on them....they might even be feel a little insulted to think they weren't worth our time.

If Julian ASSange wants to impress me then the future drips he's promising better have something along the lines of the following:

Nearly every country in the Middle East wants us to attack their sand.

State Department officials ordered that U.S. diplomats can only spy on their foreign and UN counterparts using Facebook.

North Korea supplied Iran with stockpiles of magic markers, diamonds, and Cheerios.

Iran used the auspices of the Red Crescent to smuggle Playboy magazine and pocket U.S. Constitutions into war zones

U.S. foreign policy relies heavily on competence and honest self-reflection.

In all seriousness, if I had a choice I obviously wouldn't have wanted these leaks to take place. World leaders should be able to candidly discuss extremely sensitive issues and know some blabbermouth with small man syndrome and a laptop wont out them.

In the end, to me, it's not the release of the information itself that should give us pause, but the fact the government, who got a computer worm to disable an Iranian nuclear facility, couldn't prevent WikiLeaks from doing its thing.

I sort of begs the question, of how badly they wanted it stopped in the first place...