Follow Me on Pinterest

Is Dipping a Tea Bag in the Company Ink Hypocrisy?

Oh lordy, you should see the liberal blogosphere on this one....

A conservative Maryland physician elected to Congress on an anti-Obamacare platform surprised fellow freshmen at a Monday orientation session by demanding to know why his government-subsidized health care plan takes a month to kick in.

Republican Andy Harris, an anesthesiologist who defeated freshman Democrat Frank Kratovil on Maryland's Eastern Shore, reacted incredulously when informed that federal law mandated that his government-subsidized health care policy would take effect on Feb. 1 – 28 days after his Jan. 3rd swearing-in.

Read the rest at Politico (via Memeorandum)

They think this guy is being a hypocrite because he wants health insurance FROM HIS EMPLOYER. Yeah its the government, but I don't work for the government, and he doesn't want me to have their healthcare, and neither do I. Certainly not by force.

italics=desire for web-safe retarded font

I can hear liberals now...Why don't you want government health care if it's good enough for congress?

Its not the going to be the same service geniuses. Do you ever see the president dining out on government cheese?

This is nowhere near the hypocrisy liberals would like it to be...

Nix (Harris's spokesworman) said Harris, who is the father of five, wasn’t being hypocritical – he was just pointing out the inefficiency of government-run health care.

Got spin? Maybe, I've only had one employer in my entire career that started health benefits on day one (and I might be mistaken), but the way liberals at blogs like the ironically named Crooks and Liars are getting so apoplectic about this puts on full display the mental malfunction of their ability to think logically.

There's also that carbon "footprint"

If I went to a Mexican restaurant ordered a burrito, was given the choice of red or green sauce and chose red, these guys would probably accuse me of hating the environment for refusing to go green.

The only remotely rational comment came from Ezra Klein

The point isn't that it's hypocritical to oppose health-care subsidies for poorer people or an individual mandate while simultaneously wanting every benefit your federal job gives you. Those positions can coexist. It's Harris's fear at being uninsured. But whatever else you think of the health-care law, it really does keep people from being uninsured. 

There was no fear! Harris is prepared to buy his own insurance until his new employer's plan kicks in. The "fear" is merely a liberal projection needed to fuel this "hypocrisy" pipe dream.

Furthermore, it has been said on this blog before it's not about having insurance, its about making healthcare more affordable in the first place. Insurance cost rises with medical costs, so what good does it do for your wallet if the price of medicine continues to skyrocket out of control?

Obama's approval rating isn't dropping like a rock because Biden isn't being Biden enough, it's because he's a president who couldn't move America up an escalator that's going that way much less be a real leader.

"Stupid" insurance does not a presidency save. Solving problems always requires tackling its source. So this obsession over health INSURANCE is nothing more than a way to grab power and control people.

Thinking this and then demanding health insurance, if it is a stipulated benefit from your employer, even from the federal government, is NOT hypocrisy.