Follow Me on Pinterest

Obama, The Ground Zero Wise Guy

I know a lot of people had held their breath on whether or not Obama was going to support the mosque that is going to be built at Ground Zero. I knew as clear as day Biden's head that he would support it when poll after poll was showing the country, to put it mildly, is at a minimum 2 to 1 opposed to its construction. So I just knew he would come down on the wrong side of it because his brain is less like an organ of his body and more like a hall of broken mirrors.

"I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there. I was commenting very specifically on the right people have that dates back to our founding. That's what our country is about. And I think it's very important, as difficult as some of these issues are, that we stay focused on who we are as a people and what our values are all about." (from Politico)
THAT sounds like liberal wisdumb

Great! He wont comment on the "wisdom" of the mosque...what a wise guy! Not only does first amendment guarantee that religious organizations be allowed exist and worship, but they are also absolutely allowed to build any building anywhere at anytime! Meaning they are exempt from any and all local zoning laws that could prevent them from being erected at emotionally charged open wounds such as Ground Zero.

I mean honestly, its not like they want to build something REALLY bad...like a Walmart....

"Just to be clear, the president is not backing off in any way from the comments he made last night,"(Deputy Press Secretary) Burton said. "It is not his role as president to pass judgment on every local project. (also from Politico)
Just to be clear, the president thinks the Cambridge Police acted stupidly

Wow, for once I have to say I totally agree that Obama can't respond to EVERY local issue that comes across his BlackBerry, presidents don't have time for that stuff. I know I know, 9-11 was an event of national significance, but Obama has to give the local government of New York City its due deference to make its own decisions on matters such as this because the federal government has WAY bigger fish to fry anyway. Laws that prohibit illegal immigration in podunk nowhere localities like Arizona aren't going to sue themselves!

The notion that this is a play to protect religious freedom is probably the greatest straw man constructed by liberals since they elevated Joe "if I only had a brain" Biden to the vice presidency. Nobody is saying they can't build the mosque at all! If that were the case then its supporters would actually have a point, which would probably prompt panic in the Obama Administration since they've never actually seen one before.

Almost everyone can agree that they have a right to build their mosque, period. Furthermore, THAT they worship is NOT the issue. The issue is WHERE they want to worship.

If the Cordoba Initiative was truly interested in seeking unity and reconciliation between Islam and the west, as they say they are, they would never fight to build their mosque steps away from Ground Zero. They certainly wouldn't dedicate it on the 10 year anniversary of 9-11 .

By the way...where were these liberal first amendment warriors, for example, when a DC cop busted school kids for praying at the steps of the Supreme Court?

This isn't about the first amendment at all! This is just another chance for liberals to have another "look at me" moment. They think those of us who oppose this mosque are a bunch of bigoted troglodytes who are just too weepy about 9-11 still to transcend its tragedy.

Remember this in a couple of months when the ACLU is on red alert and we Christians are expected to swallow "Happy Holidays" as if nobody knows which holiday is being celebrated. For liberals support for this mosque is nothing more than a public display of their own moral vanity.