Follow Me on Pinterest

I Believe Al Franken Is Sorry

Senator Mitch McConnell gave Al Franken a piece of his mind after being mocked by him in the Senate chambers during his speech in opposition to Elena Kagan's confirmation to the Supreme Court.

I'm glad to hear Franken was apologetic to McConnell after being reminded he is no longer a writer for Saturday Night Live and doesn't have to be unfunny in the Senate too. To be fair, he absolutely did the right thing, but it came only after being taken to task for it.

What if he wasn't? Would he still have been sorry? Did it really have to take a parental scolding for him to actually become self-aware of his teenage antics this time?

Honestly, what does Minnesota have to say for themselves? They gave us a senator who talks and acts like the ventriloquist dummy that he looks like more than than the statesman he should be. He's had a year and a half of practice being an adult now and he still can't get it together when he's presiding over the United States Senate?

"He (McConnell) is entitled to give his speech with the presiding officer just listening respectfully." said Franken

YEAH, NO KIDDING!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for forgiveness, and he did apologize. So this issue is pretty much done, I guess. But now I want to know how many more apologies would it take before Minnesota realizes what many of us in the country already know....

That Al Franken really is sorry.