Follow Me on Pinterest

Did Paris Hilton Become a Republican?

I don't know when getting to ride shotgun on daddy's campaign bus suddenly makes you qualified to comment on the "future" of the Republican Party as if your opinion....or her father's...has any consequence to it, but John McCain's daughter Meghan is now getting the media adoration her father had (and she will lose it instantly the second she ever runs for office against Sasha Obama) doing precisely what her father did...misrepresent the party she belongs to:

"Most of the old school Republicans are scared s***less of that future," she told a gathering of the Log Cabin Republicans, a group of gay and lesbian party members....

"I feel too many Republicans want to cling to past successes…I think we're seeing a war brewing in the Republican Party," she said. "But it is not between us and Democrats. It is not between us and liberals. It is between the future and the past…

Well, I'm glad she's working hard to dispel the rumors that she came from a father whose mouth is dirtier than Barack Obama's lungs (am I the only one who finds irony that a chain smoker is going to force universal healthcare on us....he must know something we don't about his ability to pay for his doctors...FDR couldn't walk...suck it up sissy).

Aside from that, I'm not offended at her endorsement of gay marriage....don't get me wrong...I don't like it..but I don't not like like it either....or something like that.

What bothers me the most is who crowned, to quote the tree she fell from, "this one" queen of Republican youth? Besides being fortunate enough to be the daughter of the most disastrous candidates for president since Jimmy Carter (I don't count Mondale, we only had an election in 1984 because the Constitution requires it) what qualifies her to pontificate on Republicanism?

And don't give me this crap about "well, her father was the Republican nominee for president" because John McCain is to the Republican Party what Taco Bell is to Mexican food...and McCain spends so much time sucking up to Mexicans he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

To wit, until she figured out that being a liberal Republican can land interviews with Rachel Maddow and help you bypass the competition of Democrat celebrities for "attention whore" status she was a registered Independent that voted for JOHN KERRY in 2004 (maybe she has a thing for Johns?).

In 2008 when she registered Republican she said that she did so "as a symbol of my commitment to my dad..." So that answers my parenthetical question...

So what exactly is her problem with Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham? Is she jealous of their credibility?

Oh look its Heidi friggin' Montag...nevermind, she has TONS of credibility....

Heres a bit of advice you should probably heed Meghan, because your father didn't and....well....

Here's why Republicans want to cling to past successes:

Because it was S-U-C-C-E-S-S-F-U-L.

I don't expect her to get it though, she's a McCain...the most SUCKcessful Republican family we've had since...well....the Bushes.